Easy Dance Lessons – Learn to Dance
Do You Want to Learn to Dance? Do It with Our Easy Dance Lessons!
Is your social life lacking? Do your fitness levels need work? Want to meet some new friends? Want to try out a new hobby? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you should learn to dance! Arthur Murray has a range of easy dance lessons that will teach you exactly what to do in a jiffy. It is not only fun to dance, but there is a range of associated benefits that you will no doubt experience when you join an Arthur Murray dance studio near you!
What You Can Expect
If you are curious about how it works, just pop in to your local Arthur Murray dance studio and ask if you can watch a lesson. You will no doubt be impressed and very keen to start dancing. Speak to the instructor and book a session. The instructor will then assess you first to determine your fitness level and your interests in terms of dance styles. The instructor will then assign a class to you, and all you have to do is show up! Ensure that you are wearing comfortable clothing and shoes that are suited to dancing. Your instructor will be able to provide more information on this. Also ensure that you take a bottle of water and a sweat towel – dancing can be hard work and you will no doubt need the hydration!
Other things that may happen include the following:
- Your fitness levels will increase as you learn to dance. Normally you will start off with easy dance lessons, and as your skill increases, the lessons and dances will gradually become more complicated and energetic. This means that you will be fitter overall and have higher energy levels.
- Your body shape may change! Because of the exercise you are likely to develop better and stronger muscles, and because you have to check your posture while dancing, you may find that it improves your overall posture too. Muscle tone will improve and you may even lose some weight!
- Your flexibility will increase. Dance movements involve movements that you would not ordinarily do in everyday life, and performing regular dance moves increases your range of motion. Your joints will also be better lubricated and stiffness will be reduced.
- Your mind will be more relaxed and you will be able to deal with stress in a constructive way. Regular exercise releases endorphins in our brains, which gives us that general feel-good factor!
- Your brain will become sharper. Exercising your brain is just as important as exercising your body. Because you have to learn new steps and focus on deliberate movement and tempo, every time you learn a new dance step, it will give your brain a little workout, and your cognitive abilities may improve.
- You will make new friends. You will usually learn to dance in a group environment, and many dances are partner-oriented, which means that you will have to interact with others in your class. Many friendships have been made this way, and sharing an interest with someone else is always a good place to start. This is particularly beneficial if you have moved to a new place and you are keen to make new friends in your local environment. It also means that you will have a chance to socialise with other people and attend parties together. Often the studio arranges social dances that are entertaining and well attended by the dancers.
If you want to learn to dance with our easy dance lessons at Arthur Murray, give our studio a call or come and pay us a visit. You will never be sorry you did!